September 3-4, 2008
The official day of class.
You have no idea how nervous I was during the orientation. I didn't know anyone. Well, except for my own brother, ofcourse. So I felt like an alien. Actually I am an alien in this country.
Anyway, there I was, feeling like a ghost in the crowded hallways. New faces everywhere. Odd languages. Friendly teachers. You know, the usual school stuff; usual foreign school stuff that is.
After my first orientation in TA (Teacher Advisory), someone approached me. She introduced herself as Jin. I was like "Oh, the girl from the student council". She introduced me to her friend, Claire, who was also a Korean like her. And I found myself smiling. "New friends", I told myself.
Jin was so kind to show me around school. And she had no idea how happy I was. Her showing me around my new campus, I didn't feel like an alien anymore. I felt like I belong. I headed home with a smile of satisfaction.
So the next day came. It's time to meet the teachers of my different classes. English came first. I didn't know I'm taking advanced english until a friend of mine told me. Some terms made me "Woah." But I'm catching up now. I feel comfortable in this class, especially that I made a couple of friends in that class alone. Everyone was pretty friendly. Miss Picone has a challening and flexible personality. Quite challenging indeed.
I then found myself walking towards A hallway, on my way to Biology-20. "Great. Bio. Memorization again."
Yes, it's my bio the second time around. But actually, Mr. Crichton is a pretty cool teacher. And I'm catching up with Biology quite easily. And I also made a bunch of friends. And this guy.. Well, this guy. XD
Never mind. I like someone in my Bio. Actually he's in my TA, too. He's this so-called "inspiration" of mine in school. He's a cool and nice guy. We're friends, but I can't tell if we're close. :P
And then PhysEd came. On the first day, we played basketball. And unexpectedly, I rocked the court! We (3 girls, along with me, and a guy) won over an all-guy team. And I was the top scorer in the team. And they called me a basketball player, which I'm completely not. lol. PhysEd was fun, but I still have to adjust to the altitude and humidity of Calgary since it's completely different from the Philippine's. And Miss Berze is also a cool teacher. :)
Finally, it's Math. My subject of forte, but not actually my total favorite. Mr. Walker is a nice guy, and teaches the subject perfectly. My marks are pretty good. I hope it'll last. :)
School gave me the chance to develop myself and challenge my confidence. It was tough at first, but my new found friends made me stronger. I'm much more comfortable now than I was before. I hope I could find a new circle of friends whom I could hang out with so I won't feel homesick anymore. Honestly, I need that circle now. I'm not that desperate, but yeah. I just don't want to feel lonely. =[
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Pat!!
mishoo! :)
and i missed blogging! haha...
im actually blog-hopping now. :)
weeee, new friends! variety of cultures. sorts of languages.
cool. :)
keep up the good work!
nagcge jd ko ug huna2x ug unsa ng PhysEd aie hahahah,,, ang first nga ako nahuna-huna an aie kay Physics wahahha ^_^(tungod tingali sa kalisod sa test gnina aie) P.E. ra diay... ^_^ pinasoscial lng hahaha ^_^
naa nya ko i post nga new basaha nya kay kataw an au ang nahitabo nako wahahah ^_^
Post a Comment