Sunday, October 12, 2008

Caught in Between

Who wouldn't love having new friends? After a month or so at school, I found circles of friends. Yes, CIRCLES. "It's better!", you thought? Well, actually it's not. In most aspects, it is; but there are times when I think that I wish I only have a few friends.

I've got two circles. One in my TA (Teacher Advisory) and my fellow kababayans. I get to see my TA friends more than my Filipino friends because TA is everyday. Let me define my TA friends first.
Before everything happened, I was the silent little girl. But then J came and introduced herself. She then introduced me to the rest fo her friend, C. After a few days, I noticed a new student named M is as lonely as me. She speaks broken english. I helped her in her struggle in school. I became her bestfriend. Then comes another new student named I. She speaks broken english as well. So we're a 5-way circle. J,C,M,I and me. Yes, they are fun to be with. ANd yes, I do like them. But sometimes, they, especially M and I, are becoming too dependent to me. They go everywhere I want to go... Even if I'm with my second circle. Having them in my second circle makes me feel guilty because they become "out of place". Ofcourse we speak our native language because that's who we are. I admit I tend to leave them, but I think that I have to. I don't want to let my Filipino Friends think that I don't like them or I don't like their company. I love their company as much as I love the company of my MC circle (multi-cultural).

OK, now skip them. Let's talk about my Filo circle. I met them after helping them with their new presence in school during picture taking. We spend a lot of time outside school and I truly enjoy their company. They treat me like family, like every Filipino does. I admit I like to spend time with them more than my MC friends because my MC friends have different interests than me.

The worst part is, I saw M cry right infront of me. She cried because she felt alone. It was because there was a day when I didn't spend it with her. There are only two of them of the same culture in school. She couldn't relate to anyone else in school except me. I have this "ability" of able to understand people even if they couldn't express themselves well. That made me close to her. *sighs*
It's not that I don't like her... It's just that, I can't enjoy my school life as much if she sticks to me forever. I feel so bad when I'm guilty. And now, I'm caught in between. So in between.
If only there are two of me..

I wish this will be resolved without hurting anyone.

1 comment:

Dewi said...

you might just have to tell her straight that she should become more independent... that's kinda what i did, it kinda resulted in a small fight but about a week later she understood what i meant and now we're still good friends... so they should understand...