The 25th of May, 2008; Sunday.
Location: Cebu, Philippines
As we walked through the halls of the ever-busy airport, tears drop from both of the parties' faces. It's time to say goodbye to the island and the people I dearly love. Another chapter of my life is ahead of me. Should I be afraid, or get excited? Well, I really didn't know 'til we arrived our destination.
Still the 25th of May, 2008; Sunday.
Location: Vancouver
Time: 9:58 PM
I found myself in the airport again; waiting for someone to pick us up. I saw two men whom I never met before. Dad said they're my uncles. So I greeted them and kissed their hands. It was a cold evening in the Great North. Well, as expected ofcourse. The city lights were amazing. Something that Cebu doesn't have. The wondrous smell of pine tingled my nose as we arrived at their home. While unpacking 6 big Balikbayan boxes and 4 baggages, I thought of how long our trip was and how far we are from home. Just thinking about it made my cry again. It'll be a very long time 'til I'll meet the people I love again.
27th of May, 2008
Location: Calgary
Once again, we rode a plane on our way to somewhere a bit nearer... We ahve landed on our target spot, Calgary "The Windy City", Alberta, Canada. We waited for almost an hour for a family. They're not just a family, but my classmate's (Quiney's) family. They welcomed us with full of Filipino hospitality. I admit Quiney and I weren't that close, but they treated us like family. We stayed in their humble home for about two weeks and found ourselves in Calgary's NorthWest side.
Finally, we got an apartment of our own. It was like living life all over again. It wasn't easy. Since I had lots of time to kill, I looked for a job and settled at Arby's Northland Foodcourt. There, I found co-workers whom I consider friends. But they're not comparable to the ones I have back in Cebu. And they're mostly older than me, anyway. And one friend of mine has somehow, made me "ecstatic" to live here. Well, I consider him as my friend, I hope he does too. At least he's here to make my day. :)
So far, that's the "exciting" life I have here. It's almost Septemeber, so the cold and the classes are fast approcahing. Hoooorah. *sarcasm* And did I mention I'm getting fat? This always happen when you're new here. I'm still adjusting to the weather conditions and the food here. So I hope this "physical change" is something I shouldn't worry about.
Oh. So why the lost pirate?
I consider myself lost in a place where destiny and opportunity is abundant. yes, it is true you'll find everything easy here; but I still consider myself lost. Where's this compass I should use?
And a pirate because I have to find meee treasure. Aargh. I haven't figured out that goal I should head, and what am I really here for. Yes, I am still clueless even we've been living here for almost 3 months already. I'm still praying for strength and direction.
Maybe someday, I will not be the lost pirate anymore and I'd find myself a ship where I can reside and use to find more treasures in the mere future. :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
aww... char dot com, char dot com!
don't worry pat, i have you linked to my site.
nothing to fret, mi amiga, i'll be one of your 'links' here in Cebu so you won't feel so alone there. :)
hehe...
pat!!! ^_^ karon ra jd ko nka view sa imong blog ahy.. ^_^
haLa ka... ^_^ naa koy nabasahan ^_^ kinsa kaha tong guy ahy ^_^ hehehe
Post a Comment